Saturday, May 11, 2013

Shabby-Chic Sachets


Shabby-chic sachets
Now that my Mother's Day gift has survived our precarious international mail and reached Mom, I can share my creation - homemade lavender sachets! I'd been wondering what to make, when I came across some fabric and lace I'd stained with tea. Feeling nostalgic, I thought, "Why not shabby-chic vintage-esque sachets?"

To make the sachets, I cut my fabric into four rectangles, and finished one edge of each piece. Then I sewed on the lace and adored each lace strip with an old-fashioned button.

Adorning the rectangles

Lace and buttons
I sewed the pieces together to make two small rectangular pouches. I decided on French seams, which would make it easier to refill the sachets in the future.

Ready for filling
Finally, I filled the pouches with French lavender and tied them closed with a satin ribbon.

Voilà!

What did you give your Mom for Mother's Day?

Happy Mother's Day to all Moms out there!

Shared with nifty thrifty things.


4 comments:

  1. Very pretty ! I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Adity. I was having challenges with the photography. My camera is broken so I am using my husband's. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and the photographs turned out great, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!