Friday, September 9, 2011

Luis Solano - Inspiration at play

Painting by Luis Solano


If you ask what inspires me, my first thought might be paintings – colorful, passionate pieces.  Rich.  Almost wasteful!


Oh, I do love soft subtle paintings.  But when they are loud and happy and playful, well, I sing!  Perhaps that is why I love Gauguin, Van Gogh, Klimt.  (Perhaps that is why my baskets are so colorful.)


Painting by Luis Solano


One Californian artist has inspired me lately.  His bright pieces evoke the symbols and icons of his Mexican ancestry – Aztec gold, ancient gods.   His name is Luis Solano.


Painting by Luis Solano
Painting by Luis Solano


My mom and I recently met Luis near his studio in Moss Landing, California.


Artist, Luis Solano, with my mom


Luis is not only talented and prolific; he is a really nice person.  If you are ever near Moss Landing, check out La Galleria Uno and La Galleria Dos, where he shows a number of his pieces (and where I took these photos).


What do you think of Luis' work?

3 comments:

  1. HI VAL
    VERY NICE PICTURES AND GOOD JOB ON YOUR SITE.
    BACK IN THE HEAT AGAIN AFTER A SUMMER FULL OF RAIN IN SWEDEN.
    HOPE YOU ARE FINE.
    ALL THE BEST
    CAMILLA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Camilla. I am having a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!